An Australian Homestead of grand proportions with European style and influences.
Constructed of full rendered brick – architect designed – features include:
* U shape design with two pavilion wings creating private courtyards off verandahs all round
* Striking entrance into elegant spacious open living room, with 30 foot cathedral ceilings, open fireplace and massive mahogany posts.
* North Wing Pavilion features beautiful master suite overlooking the lake with full bathroom/ensuite claw foot bath, library/office with Huon pine bookshelves, guest bathroom, mudroom and new vogue kitchen with European appliances and stone tops
* Southern Wing Pavilion includes three beautiful bedrooms and three new bathrooms
* Living / dining is a stunning open space with wet bar and tiles from Florence
* Central Inner Courtyard incorporating covered loggia with open fireplace – ideal for alfresco dining, summer or winter and offering some of the Hunter’s most scenic views over the lake and vineyard to the Brokenback Ranges.
Additional features include:
* Tall ceilings throughout
* Functional shutters
* Underfloor heating
* Ducted air-conditioning
* Cedar French doors and joinery throughout
* Pure ‘New Zealand wool’ carpets
* Built in desks in bedrooms
Separated from the house by a breezeway, there is extensive garaging, a wine cellar and upstairs guest accommodation with DA approval for an apartment.
All weather championship court with gazebo
Putting Green for the golf enthusiast
Perhaps Pokolbin’s finest views are offered from the spectacular entertaining deck adjacent to the new resort style swimming pool.
* At the entrance to Hillside sits a heavy duty colourbond machinery shed which provides wine storage and machinery storage.
* Separate three bay machinery shed
With magnificent stone wall terraces featuring:
Mature gardens surround the Hillside homestead and include an Orchard with Manchuria pears, peaches, apricots, plums, nectarines, quince and persimmons, Citrus, Wisteria Walk, Robinias, Alders, Cypresses and Tallowood and an Organic Herb garden.
Planted on classic Hunter Soils are ‘old vines’ capable of producing superb wines. Varieties include, Shiraz, Traminer, Chardonnay and Verdelho.
A true feature of Hillside is its abundance of water, Hillside has:
* 63 megalitre storage dam/lake
* 14 megalitre allocation from the Lower Hunter Wine Country Private Irrigation District
* 3 Storage Dams
* An abundance of water storage tanks connected to the residence and machinery shed
115 acres of rolling country, very privately located off a tar sealed country road. The soils are classic Hunter Vineyard soils which produce high quality fruit. The land offers some of the most breathtaking views in the Hunter. The zoning suits integrated tourism.