Upon entering the stunning Weeping Gum lined driveway, Coronation Park lives up to the promise of what you are about to behold. This unique, versatile, highly productive property covers 65 pasture improved picturesque Hunter Valley acres.
Coronation Park nestles at the foot of the Watagan Mountains and is home to the historic “Springdale Homestead”.
This magnificent property was carefully planned and developed by the late Peter Flynn – renowned for his contribution to the development and expansion of thoroughbred studs throughout the world. Highly regarded for overseeing the construction of Woodlands Stud, Blandford Park, Spendthrift Kentucky, the original Segenhoe Stud, Waratah Stud and Osborne Park Darley, Peter Flynn commenced building Coronation Park for he and his wife’s own horses in 2007.
Chosen for its rich alluvial soils, high rain fall, great location, proximity to major sporting, racing and show venues and boasting a mild year-round climate, the stud is cleverly designed and flowing. Coronation Park has bred, raised, shown and been home to hundreds of Australian and American champion equines.
Set among stunning established River Gums, tree lined laneways and beautiful rose gardens, the homestead on the property known as “Springdale” was built in the mid 1800’s by the Clifton Family who ran a saw mill that supplied timber to build the prestige homes in Newcastle. Only the finest cedar and mahogany that came through the mill went into the construction of “Springdale” which ran as a beef cattle enterprise, and also supplied the local community with vegetables grown on the property before lately becoming a very successful horse stud.
‘Springdale Homestead’ underwent extensive restoration/ renovation in 2007 with a known and respected Cottage Craft builder who enlisted master tradesmen, whilst all under the watchful eye of the owners.
“Springdale Homestead” features:
– Gentlemen’s room/entry with stained-glass that carries on throughout the home;
– Large sun-filled living and dining/lounge room with Parquetry flooring, antique double glass doors that lead to the wrap-around verandas;
– Formal dining room with French-doors which also lead on to the veranda;
– Three large bedrooms, all with French-doors leading to the wrap around veranda;
– The main bedroom features an impressive large marble en-suite complete with spa, double shower, his and her basins and glassed robes;
– Hand-crafted timber kitchen, granite bench tops, central island, walk-in pantry, and gas and electric cooker;
– Main bathroom with external access to the veranda has under-floor heating.
– The Office is the only room without external access and could easily be converted back to a fourth bedroom;
– Under-floor reverse cycle air-conditioning throughout and wood burning fire with in the main living / lounge room;
– Large laundry/utility room with toilet that meets the back veranda, entry and drying deck;
– Saltwater in-ground swimming pool with entertaining area cabana/pool house and adjoining two car garage;
– Office/studio/self contained flat (three rooms) with additional garaging for two more cars.
– Complete with designer chicken coups, dog yards and dove cote.
“The barn” which is fully enclosed with automatic roller and sliding doors comprises;
– Large feed and storage at entrance to the stables;
– Eight concrete based, Regupol (rubber bricked over concrete) floored stables in the breezeway barn;
– adjoining five larger mare and foal boxes; = 13 boxes in all.
– Oversized undercover round-yard;
– large hay storage area;
– Mare and foal crush;
– Stallion collection/dummy area;
– Wash bay;
– Three phase power;
– Automatic waters in all stables;
Features: Equine rubber surfaces by Regupol in every stable, stallion boxes and wash bay. Automatic water troughs in every paddock.
From the barn/ parade area, flow lane ways, taking you to:
– Seven large day and/or spelling yards;
– Ten safe mare and foal pastures;
– Two unique timber stallion boxes in the fashion of Shearing quarters, with timber railed day yards, their own veranda, garden and pastures;
– Teasing yards;
– a second mare and foal crush doubles as Cattle Yards and loading race;
– Four flood-lit foaling yards with viewing from the main bedroom;
– Large machinery shed/work shop, concrete floored with lights and power;
– Adjoining tractor and machinery shed;
A major feature is town water is connected throughout the property, there are also several spring fed stock dam’s; Water is never an issue. The large dam just off from the barn collects the water from the large surfaced roof and has a watering system that feeds underground to the spelling yards.
Coronation Park is centrally located to all NSW horse venues, 7 minutes to the M1 and within two hours of Sydney airport, forty minutes of Newcastle City and ninety minutes from Scone.
Inspection by private appointment.