Option 1: Short Term Accommodation/Weekender
Take advantage of the booming tourism market in the Hunter area with this amazing opportunity to purchase an attractive and unique sandstone barn. “The Hunter received nearly 3.8 million domestic overnight visitors – up by 14.5% on Y/E Mar 17. Visitors spent over 9.5 million nights in the region – up by 11.4% on Y/E Mar 17. The Hunter received 194,300 international overnight visitors – up by 13.8% on Y/E Dec 16”*. Cobbys is in the semi-rural village of Paxton and offers a peaceful surround that is sure to attract the tourists that frequent the area for the concerts, vineyards and/or restaurants. With the potential to earn an attractive income with returns of anywhere from $500-$1000 per night based on number of beds. E.g. $500 per night for 4 adults, additional adults $95 per person per night.
Option 2: Subdivision
Cobbys is at the entrance of the Watagan Rise Estate in the semi-rural village of Paxton. Being on an enormous 2.54ac block with town services you can make the most of the Large Lot Residential Zoning with a minimum lot size of 1/2 ac. There is potential here for approx. 5 lot subdivision (STCA) with 4 vacant ½ ac blocks and a ½ ac block with stunning house.
The icing on the cake to this impressive property is the equally impressive building comprising a double garage with a loft and bathroom, all joined by an undercover breezeway which makes the perfect outdoor entertainment area.
Option 3: Private Residence
If you are after something really special and not just the run of the mill, then look no further because Cobby’s is that rare and amazing property, the one that everyone is envious of. This 2.54ac property is clearly the stand out as a stunning entrance to a semi-rural village just minutes from the Hunter Valley Vineyards.
Having been constructed with materials that would be near impossible to replicate, this property is one that has to be seen to be believed. The following materials were obtained for the construction of this home:
• Reconstituted sandstone walls
• Solid hardwood facia boards
• Convict sparrow peck block work
• External and internal Oregon boards
• 100 year old oak wine casks have been used for the kitchen cupboards
• Recycled Oregon timbers from the Newcastle Grace Bros. building were used to create exposed roof beams
• Ceiling lining boards salvaged from the demolition of The Cessnock Sports Ground.
• Timber Stable walls constructed in a traditional style with 100 year old hand hewn slabs salvaged from an old shop building in Morpeth
• 9 metre tall Adobe rendered fire place makes a stately impression and radiates heat from the masonry chimney heating the whole home.
• Around the hearth is a natural tree form seat made of hoop pine
• Double front barn doors were handmade and constructed from Australian hardwood.
• 8 sets of Cedar French doors
• Beautiful polyurethane red floors set an intimate party scene
• Oregon staircase leading the way to the upstairs bedrooms
• Hardwood timber floors in the upstairs bedrooms.
• Imported Italian tiles in the bathrooms add a quirky touch along with hand glazed tree frog feature tiles.
Cobbys is located in peaceful surrounds and only 30 mins from the M1 Freeway, 12 minutes from Cessnock and 18mins from the vineyards and 1hr to Newcastle.
*Statistics from Destination NSW – Travel to the Hunter Year ended March 2018 Report for the period of April 2017 to March 2018